Philips Consumer Lifestyle
Category Management Analyst
Job Number: 026883
Philips Consumer Lifestyle is one of our three sectors whose primary goal is to meet consumer's most important needs in a progressive and futuristic way. As an integral part of the insight-led business, you will be working in a collaborative culture on some of the top consumer brands such as Sonicare, Norelco and AVENT, to enhance experiences and well-being for consumers around the world. If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here.
Category Management Analyst:
This is an essential role providing category expertise enhancing retail partnerships by increasing category sales and aiding in fact based selling. Contribution leveraging shopper insights and trends to uncover sales opportunities for retail accounts, sales teams and internal departments.
- Manage syndicated data and reporting at the HQ level (Nielsen and NPD reporting)
- Increase category leadership by providing analytical support to Field Sales and Marketing on category management projects.
- Co-own assortment and lead planograming activities. Present account specific category plans providing analysis, interpretation and recommendations improving total category performance
- Support creation and presentation of account specific category reviews providing unbiased analysis, interpretation and recommendations to improve an accounts category performance.
- Analyze syndicated data and shopper information
- Manage category development toolkit:.
- Syndicated data (Nielsen and/or NPD), retailer POS, and shopper insight
- Shelf planning software and images
- Turnkey presentations that sales teams can customize for use as part of their own account meetings
- Provide actionable category analysis to Senior Management.
- Assist with shopper insights projects driving improved merchandising and buyer conversion opportunities. Work closely with Category Managers and Shopper Insights Managers
Key challenges include
- Further immersing candidate into the category management process and learning the methods of category management
- Helping foster and understanding of category management with the broader Philips CLNA organization
- Helping Philips category development penetrate into accounts where current levels of influence and interaction are low
- Candidates must possess technical and analytical and reporting skills
- Microsoft Office, ability with Excel and Powerpoint,
- Experience preparing and presenting, fact based recommendations
- Exposure to- IRI, Nielsen or NPD prefered
- General experience analyzing information/data
- Space Management software knowledge a plus (ProSpace/Intercept, Apollo or Spaceman)
- Experience in a consumer packaged goods company or category management preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Market Research or related field and typically requires 1-2 years of related experience in Sales, Marketing, or Marketing Research
Philips is an equal opportunity employer.
Click Here To Apply