Philips Consumer Lifestyle
Senior Category Development Manager (Groom and Shave)
Philips Consumer Lifestyle (CL) business offers rich, new consumer experiences that meet consumers' desire for wellness and pleasure throughout each part of their day and during key milestones throughout their life. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization, passionate about developing innovations that meet consumers’ personal health & well-being needs in a unique way, relative to their mind, body, and appearance. Philips CL Group is one of three market-driven sectors within Royal Philips Electronics that delivers lifestyle solutions aimed at improving the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025, and provides a unique opportunity for each employee to create their legacy in life through their work in a way that is personally meaningful to them.
We challenge you to further facilitate the exposure and penetration of CLNA category management by increasing category sales and aiding in fact based/strategic selling to enhance retail partnerships. You will make strong contributions leveraging shopper insights and trends to uncover sales opportunities for key account, sales teams and internal departments.
- Increase category leadership role providing analytical expertise (both POS and shopper) to key retailers (excluding Walmart and Target handled separately) in all key Category Management projects.
- Proactive alignment of priorities with marketing and buyer
- Ongoing thought leadership on trends and market place opportunities
- Develop relationships broadly within the retailer organization (beyond the buyer) as a category consultant by providing expertise and actionable recommendations positively impacting category results.
- Develop and leverage shopper insights project in conjunction with the Shopper Insights Manager, driving value added impactful category projects as a Philips CLNA point of differentiation. Determine when custom analytics are valuable and warranted, and steer creation, development and analysis.
- Lead the development of detailed analysis supporting strategic and tactical category plans.
- Create and present account specific category plans providing unbiased analysis, interpretation and recommendations for improving category performance.
- Communicate business opportunities and recommend action plans by working with field sales teams to develop persuasive fact based turnkey and custom sales presentations
- Manage category development toolkit to achieve a comprehensive set of data including both account trends and consumer insights.
- Syndicated data (both Nielsen and NPD), direct retailer POS, and consumer/shopper insight reporting, in addition to shelf planning software and images
- Turnkey presentations that sales teams can customize for use as part of their own account meetings
- Proactively leverage "best-practices" throughout the entire category development team with an eye for productivity, efficiency, as well as cutting edge shopper insights concepts.
- Work with internal & external teams to gather all pertinent presentation materials, delegate project deadlines and, at times, train others in order to ensure all projects are completed efficiently.
- Work to extend the impact and capabilities of the local category management team in conjunction with the Director of Category Management.
Philips CL team is made up of a highly talented and multi-national workforce that is approximately of 25,000 strong, and spans over 50 countries with sales in more than 100 countries. We are proud to claim market leadership positions for cutting edge solutions in the business areas of Personal Care, Oral Care, Shaving and Grooming, Mother & Child Care, and Coffee. Philips is home to popular brands such as Sonicare, AirFloss, Norelco, Avent, and Saeco. The role further facilitates the exposure and penetration of CLNA category management against channels outside of WalMart and Target, such as Food, Drug, Dept. Stores, and Electronic chains.
- Candidates must possess strong technical, sophisticated analytical and reporting skills
- Syndicated data experience with IRI or Nielsen. NPD experience a plus.
- Confidence preparing and presenting convincing, fact based/strategic recommendations
- Strong understanding of shopper insight proposition and techniques and track record of delivering a commercial view of research projects
- Space Management software knowledge (ProSpace/Intercept, Apollo or Spaceman)
- Deep and broad understanding of retail industry trends and movements
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer packaged goods company
- Microsoft Office, advanced ability with Excel, PowerPoint, Database reporting
- MBA or similar experience preferred
If you are interested in an array of development and growth opportunities to demonstrate your impact both personally and professionally, come create your legacy here: www.philips.com/na/careers
Philips is an equal opportunity employer
Job Sales Business Development
Primary Location United States-Connecticut-Stamford
Organization Trade Marketing-11020181
Travel-Yes, 25 % of the Time
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rscjtsp