Area of responsibility:
- Provide category management leadership to all Kroger banners providing insights on assortment, pricing, promotion, and market performance to mutually drive category and HUSA business results
- Plan and prepare
- Participate in the creation of business plans for key retailers with focus on specific category management activities
- Use syndicated and retailer-specific data to report and support the development of category management initiatives.
- Present insights and opportunities to the retailer where appropriate.
- Prepare retailer presentations/templates such as business review, new item presentations, promotion analysis etc.
- Serve as a category insights leader focusing on Imports and Specialty segments by objectively driving category development and solutions through the use of available data sources (Nielsen, Spectra, etc)
- Assist in the discovery and presentation of opportunities to assist retailers in driving sales initiatives and growth potential through the analysis of distribution, promotion, and pricing.
- Collaborate with category management team to enhance strategies, tactics, and tool development / implementation
- Sell-in account-specific category management programs (including shelf sets and planograms)
- Assist in piloting, implementation and maintenance of account-specific category management initiatives
- Partner with and influence distributors to drive retail activities supporting the HUSA portfolio
- Measure and improve
- Work with account owners to measure account-specific category management plan action steps through consistent tracking and scorecards
- Be Brave
- Decide & Do
- Hunt as a Pack
- Take it Personally
- Customer Insight
- Category, Portfolio and Brand Understanding
- Channel, Shopper, & On-Trade Consumer Understanding
- Key Customer Planning
- Excellence in Execution
Background / Experiences:
- 5+ years of CPG category management experience required
- Strong analytical and technical skills required
- Experience with syndicated data sources (Nielsen, IRI, Spectra, Household Panel) and consumer insights required
- Exposure to retail account management and beverage distribution models preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
To Apply email resumes to Stephen Sietsema at firstname.lastname@example.org