Retail Category Development Manager
Job ID: 130000321
Colgate-Palmolive Customer Development Organization
- Well Respected – Ranked by our retail customers as a top tier selling organization in all critical customer interaction criteria (Source: Advantage Survey)
- Cutting Edge – Extensive and ongoing training to ensure our people are constantly growing in the fast paced Consumer Products industry
- Cross Functional Teams – working as a team to deliver cross functional expertise to our customers
- Powerful Portfolio – Armed with global brands, powerful marketing and the very latest technological tools and information
- Long Term Career Development – A individual development plan designed for you
- Position is the Retail Category Management consultant to our customers and internal team that identifies opportunities that deliver category and customer growth through insight based recommendations.
- Demands high energy, assertive leadership skills, an aptitude to resolve complex problems, understand market dynamics and employ strong decision making skills.
- Retail Category Development Manager assesses trends, analyzes shopper data and syndicated/point of sale data to identify key customer opportunities for growth.
- Role requires a solid understanding of Category Management processes and practices and will collaborate with both our customers and internal teams in the areas of effective product assortment, shelf merchandising, promotional and pricing recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as the category expert by delivering category best practice presentations that identify category opportunities for our customers.
- Complete customer category review process utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and available analytic tools.
- Develop customer presentations, recommendations for new item introductions and plan-o-gram reviews.
- Establish strong, multi-level working relationships with the assigned customers based on mutual trust and integrity.
- Communicate and reinforce brand strategies & priorities to the Team.
- Initiate & synchronize brand strategies/priorities with customer strategies for a win-win. Execute new product initiatives accordingly.
- Support category management growth through the application of the most recent sales technologies including shelf management technologies, point of sale systems and Nielsen applications, with emphasis on fact based selling.
- Demonstrate expertise in category management and efficient assortment to the customer.
- Utilize shelf management software and category expertise to provide recommendations for shelf placement for new items and existing products with an objective of securing distribution/placement that is mutually beneficial for Colgate and the account.
- Coordinate “Fair Share of Shelf” support. Develop plan-o-gram’s using plan-o-gram software.
- Determine the effectiveness of Colgate and competitive promotions through post-analysis, and make recommendations to the account.
- Provide category management support for internal processes.
- Be proficient in interpreting shopper and consumer research to drive category solutions development with our customers.
- Actively participate in team building and best practice sharing to increase team effectiveness.
- Work across all functional areas of the customer development team in developing the business.
- Manage scorecard and monitor the execution of 5P activities in line with established objectives.
- B.A./B.S. degree or appropriate work experience, MBA desired
- 2+ years similar consumer product sales industry background, consumer brand industry or other relevant sales/marketing experience and key account experience with a syndicated service (Nielsen, IRI) account or Account Data CPG manufacturer
- 5 years key account experience using a syndicated service (Nielsen or IRI necessary; previous experience with a syndicated vendor desired.
- Experience with panel data (Nielsen/IRI) and/or shopper data (Extra Care, dunnhumby, etc.) required.
- Proficiency with Space Management software, such as Space Planning/Apollo.
- Expectation of proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Mobility throughout the United States
Click Here To Apply