Manager, Off Premise Channel and Customer Development
White Plains, NY
Develop, implement and track the sales tools and processes necessary to support HUSA’s vision of upscale beer segment leadership in Off Premise Channels and Key Customers
Plan and prepare
- Tool Development: Create strategic selling tools for National Accounts and Regional sales teams to drive Commercial Priorities against key brands leveraging available data for Off Premise Channels – Grocery, Liquor, Club, Convenience and Drug.
- Leverage channel specific data -7-Exchange, Rite Insight, Retail Link, Dunnhumby
- Address key package opportunities by channel
- Anticipate competitive issues
- Provide voice of the retailer to enable successful sell-in of HUSA NPI
- Retailer needs assessment: Serve as key contributor to development, execution and tracking of Heineken GPS Account Planning. Retailer category plans and objectives should be reflected in program development briefs.
- Drive standardized analytical template development
- Share Best Demonstrated Practices
- Enable GPS Light
- Track results and implementation
- Sales tool development deployment: Collaborate with Business Development team to enable localization and usage of selling tools for the entire sales organization.
- Support shelf strategy and assortment leadership efforts with fact based insights:
- Leverage EZ Mix
- Leverage Shopper Insights
- Sales Tools: Develop, maintain and refresh a suite of Off Premise selling tools, customizable by channel and key account.
- Internal Training: Work with L & D team to incorporate tools into planned training programs. Create webinar and in-person training programs and follow-up in-market to ensure adoption of tools
- External Training: Collaborate with BDD team and market mangers to train top market distributors on selling tools and Green Standard
- Ensure execution of tools with targeted distributors within HUSA network.
- Heineken GPS (Growth and Profit Solutions): Develop a set of category planning and development principles that will support our upscale leadership aspiration with key Off Premise customers and establish a clear ‘point of view” for HUSA on beer category management.
- Sales Portal: House, update and maintain all sales tools on the portal
Measure and improve
- Sales Tool Training adoption: Oversee the assessment of tools training. Assessment includes whether tools and practices have been implemented, how well the tools are being implemented and how the tools have affected sales.
- Key package distribution and rate of sale growth: Track a sample of “green standard” accounts.
- “Success story” selling: Track “success stories” and utilize them for selling purposes.
- Category, Portfolio and Brand Understanding
- Channel, Shopper and Off-Premise understanding
- Route to Market Profitability
- Financial and business acumen
- Strategic business planning and development
- Training knowledge
Background / Experiences:
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Category Management, Retail Sales or Trade Marketing in major CPG categories
- Proficiency with syndicated data – Spectra, IRI/Nielsen
- Experience building retail selling tools required
- Experience in shopper insight generation preferred
- Familiarity with leading space management and data aggregation applications – Apollo, Rich Mix, Data Alchemy
- Experience working with beverage distribution model preferred
- Exposure to product innovation development and implementation required
- Retail marketing experience preferred
- Clean driving record required
- Must be willing to travel
- Undergraduate degree required
To Apply email resumes to Stephen Sietsema at firstname.lastname@example.org