Dole Fresh Vegetables
Sr. Category Development Manager - National Accounts (Kroger Team)
Cincinnati, OH/Northern KY
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Category Development Manager will focus on building expert knowledge in our key categories and sharing this with the customer in order to build long-term partnerships and increase profit and sales. He/She will be deployed to develop strategic initiatives, such as Category Management and long term promotional planning with Key Customers. The Sr. Category Development Manager will also be accountable for supporting the strategic sales team and establishing a process of gaining agreement to implement and measure the impact of leading-edge business solutions. Other duties as assigned.
Information & Understanding
- Provides analysis and facilitates execution in support of Category Management
- Manage, Develop and mentor associates within the Category Development group
- Performs high level, in depth analyses using syndicated data retrieval and provides conclusions
- Measures performance and impact of initiatives
- Understands and applies Customer, Consumer and Industry insights using IRI, Household Panel, Spectra, Conducts proactive business reviews identifying issues/opportunities/action
- Facilitates long term promotional planning with key customers
- Follow all Food Safety Requirements and cGMPs as applicable to position
- Adapts knowledge of customer strategies to optimize sales potential
- Communicates key customer plans/strategies with sales team to ensure full understanding of key customers' reasonable requirements
- Creates and delivers creative group / customer presentations to achieve incremental opportunities
- Merchandising/Category Management
- Makes strategic retail category management decisions.
- Analyze, recommend and assist in the deployment of item assortment, plan-o-gram, and merchandising strategies for accounts that maximize sales growth and profits
- Manages Ad-hoc Category requests and projects as necessary
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- B.A/B.S., Business Management, Marketing, Sales or related field
- 5-7 years Customer Marketing and/or Category Management experience in CPG industry preferred
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Experience with dunnhumby, IRI/Nielsen, JDA, Spectra, Retail Link, or Apollo tools preferred.
- Also strong knowledge in Excel and Power Point preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of Kroger, Consumer Products Industry, Produce a major plus.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org